North Academy
Please Login. If you haven't already, please sign up and provide us with your skills.
North Academy
Please Login. If you haven't already, please sign up and provide us with your skills.
North Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest to North Academy

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Visit the chatbox to get a test from a tester after you read the rubic. Good Luck Smile Smile
If you are looking at this please register as soon as possible because there will be many tournaments. Also we are trying to make this academy the best we can and hope you guys can register and help us. Thanks and Have fun.
Menu
Affiliates
Vylon DA

free forum

Zombie DA

free forum

Card Of The Week

Lesson On Spell Speeds

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Lesson On Spell Speeds Empty
PostSubject: Lesson On Spell Speeds   Lesson On Spell Speeds EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 8:36 am

I figured for my first lesson I would go off a basic concept that still some people mess up.

Spell Speed is a mechanic in the game that every card uses. Every card in the game has a set spell speed.

Spell speed 1 includes Normal spells, Equip spells, Continous spells, Field Spells, Ritual spells, Ignition effects, Trigger effects, and Flip effects.

Spell speed 2 includes Normal traps, Continous traps, Quick-Play spells, and Quick Effects.

Spell speed 3 includes Counter Traps

Then there is the unofficial Spell speed 4 which is something like Super Polymerazation because it reads (Spells, Traps, and card effects cannot be activated in response to this card's activation.). Basically nothing can chain to it, so thats why it is Spell Speed 4.

Now Spell Speed is a mechanic in which basically a lower Spell Speed cannot chain to a higher one. Spell Speed 1 cannot be chained to anything in the game at all, becuase they are not allowed to be higher than Chain Link 2 in the game which is impossible to do. For example, Player A summons a Dark Magician. Player B chains Bottomless Trap Hole. Player A cannot respond with something like Dark Hole because it would be Chain Link 3 which they are not allowed to be.
Spell Speed 2 is a faster Spell Speed that can be anywhere in a chain. These can only respond to the activation of Spell Speed 1 and 2. Few examples of commonly used Spell Speed 2 cards are Compulsory Evacuation Device, Mystical Space Typhoon, Mirror Force, Bottomless Trap Hole. These can all chain to anything but Spell Speed 3 cards and the occasional Spell Speed 4 card.
Spell Speed 3 is the fastes of all Spell Speeds and it is only Counter Traps. All of these can be chained to anything and everything in the game but Spell Speed 4. Examples of these are Solemn Warning, Solemn Judgment, Dark Bribe. Essentially, these are the best because your opponent can only respond to them with other Counter Traps.
Spell Speed 4 is essentially a card that reads (Spells, Traps, and card effects cannot be activated in response to this card's activation.) or a variation of it. You will know it is this Spell Speed if it reads that somewhere in the card usually at the end.
I hope this helped all of you out as to wether or not it was easy to understand. If you need more help on these, feel free to PM me on DN when I am on, or PM me on here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lesson On Spell Speeds   Lesson On Spell Speeds EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 8:44 am

Looks great, though I would organize the content better in paragraphs to make it easier to read.
Back to top Go down
celestialus
Admin
celestialus

Duel Points : 1562

PostSubject: Re: Lesson On Spell Speeds   Lesson On Spell Speeds EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 9:12 am

Nice start dark magician.Keep up the good work.
Back to top Go down
tiger9866
Tester
tiger9866

Duel Points : 467

PostSubject: Re: Lesson On Spell Speeds   Lesson On Spell Speeds EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 11:21 pm

it is easy to understand but need paragraph to make more easily to read it
Back to top Go down
KleiNoel
Admin
KleiNoel

Duel Points : 3002

PostSubject: Re: Lesson On Spell Speeds   Lesson On Spell Speeds EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 1:26 am

great dark magician now everyone who doesnt know about spell speeds can learn them
Back to top Go down
Jaguar101

Jaguar101

Duel Points : 1519

PostSubject: Re: Lesson On Spell Speeds   Lesson On Spell Speeds EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 3:17 pm

Good read good notes I agree with infinity break it up into paragraphs
Back to top Go down
TamimE1
Slifer Dorm Leader
TamimE1

Duel Points : 731

PostSubject: Re: Lesson On Spell Speeds   Lesson On Spell Speeds EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 1:01 am

yes i agree with everone
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lesson On Spell Speeds   Lesson On Spell Speeds Empty

Back to top Go down

Lesson On Spell Speeds
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
North Academy :: Staff Room :: Teacher's Office-
Jump to: